Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters of Denver, a nonpartisan, grassroots organization, has fought since the 1930s to improve our systems of government and impact public policies through education and advocacy.
The League is strictly nonpartisan. We neither support nor oppose candidates for office. At the same time, the League is wholeheartedly political and works to influence policy through advocacy. The League:
- Acts as a force to create positive, lasting change in our community
- Empowers voters to protect their right to vote
- Educates citizens and fosters dialogue on pertinent issues - from health care and climate change to openness in government
- Strives to ensure that all votes are counted and all voices are heard
- Works to preserve our constitutional rights
- Partners with others to make democracy work
We believe that sensible, responsible civil discourse and action based on substance rather than partisanship are essential for civic improvement. Our enduring vitality and resonance come from our membership, which is open to both women and men.